Fontina Fondue Sauce with Truffles
- 1 lb. Italian Fontina Cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups Cream
- Salt and White Pepper to taste
- Black Truffles or Truffle Oil
- Warm up the cream in a saucepan.
- Add Fontina Cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer until cheese has melted.
- Remove saucepan from flame, let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Place fondue in a blender, add a few drops of truffle oil.
- Blend for a few seconds until smooth.
- Strain with a fine sieve.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
Read Norbert's interview with Giacomino Drago, partner in Il Pastaio, Piccolo Paradiso and Il Buco restaurants in Los Angeles.