Rialto's Grilled Prosciutto-Wrapped Figs
Rialto owner and chef Jody Adams, Picture off DailyCandy.com
Grilled Prosciutto-Wrapped Figs Stuffed with Spicy Ricotta
¾ c. sheep’s milk ricotta
¼ c. finely grated pecorino
¼ tsp. ground fennel seed
1 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp. green olives, rinsed and coarsely chopped
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
16 ripe figs, cut in half
8 super-thin slices prosciutto
4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. honey
1/8 tsp. cracked black pepper
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. In a bowl, mix ricotta and pecorino with fennel, lemon zest, ginger, and olives. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Smear 16 fig halves with the cheese mixture and place other halves on top (like a little fig sandwich).
4. Wrap each fig with ½ slice of prosciutto, making sure to cover seam to hold sides in place.
5. In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, honey, and black pepper and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
6. Reduce heat to low and cook for three minutes.
7. Grill wrapped figs for about four minutes per side or until prosciutto is nice and crispy.
8. Transfer grilled figs to plate and drizzle with balsamic honey.
9. Slice in half and serve with a simple green salad.